Saturday, August 13, 2005

12 AUGUST 2005: CHARLIE SEXTON

Now that I am trying to write everything down, it seems like I can never listen to the show!

6:20 PM re-broadcast:
An Elvis impersonator, YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU’VE GOT UNTIL YOU LOSE IT
Charlie Sexton, BEAT SO LONELY
Roxy Music

Charlie Sexton was the guest. He’s really cool! I never listened to him much, and, again, Jonesy has turned me on to something new!

They played a cover of The Who’s I’M A BOY
A great cover of HEY YAH, wish I’d heard the artist’s name!

Then he and Sexton did the most awesome cover of Bowie’s version of WHITE LIGHT. They talked about Bowie and Jonesy sounded a little jealous about Sexton hanging out with Bowie. Jonesy mentioned that Bowie is his favourite artist (and all is right with the world!)…

The show ended with a Neil Young song HARVEST MOON? I don’t think Jonesy will ever make me a Neil Young fan.


No comments: