Tuesday, August 16, 2005

15 AUGUST 2005: SIOBHAN FAHEY

I was listening, but I had to keep turning the radio off, so I missed alot. There were two people on the show, one was Siobhan from Banarama and Shakespeare's Sister, and now has her own solo career. The other was man, who was English and sounded familiar, but I never found out who he was, and he didn't say much when I was listening. What I heard was great, and Soibhan continues to be totally awesome!

Sometimes I heard the songs, and sometimes I heard the song announcements. They may not be in the right order, as sometimes he lists them backwards, etc.

Leo Sayer
Rolling Stones
Count Five, PSYCHOTIC REACTIONS

A few songs I missed altogether.

Whistled HEART OF GOLD by Neil Young and then played it.

Then a great set that I did hear most of the way through:
Adam Ant, DESPERATE BUT NOT SERIOUS
Sex Pistols, NO FEELINGS
Bananarama, I HEARD A RUMOUR
and their cover of NO FEELINGS
ALL THINGS BRIGHT & BEAUTIFUL
Billy Fury (wasn't he the Australian Elvis?) IT'S ONLY MAKE BELIEVE

1:30 PM

Siobhan, POSITRON The VTE Remix
Rolf Harris, I'VE LOST MY MOMMY
Ian Dury, CLEVER BASTARD
Dexies Midnight Runners
Roxy Music, STREETLIFE

Siobhan's last name is Fahey, and when she was little kids used to call her "Farty." Jonesy was farting quite a bit because if you talk about it, he does it. (Strangely this tactic does not work when requesting Pigbag or Stevie Nicks--not Fleetwood Mac-- just Stevie.) Jonesy's farts were pretty bad, from what I hear.

I only heard the beginning of STREETLIFE, when I came back they were playing another
Rolf Harris, WALK ON THE WILDSIDE
(The back up singers were singing "dodododododo--dijeredooooo" it was very funny. I might have spelled that wrong-- the Australian Aboriginal wind instrument the dijereedoo.)

That was the end of the show.

No comments: