Thursday, August 18, 2005

18 AUGUST 2005

I missed the very beginning, so I don't know what happened with the theme song. I also think I missed the first song, maybe the second. I've listed what he announced. Or, rather, what I heard and sometimes think he said. Sorry.

There weren't any guests today but it was great show with great spins.

Rolling Stones, ROUGH JUSTICE
?, LOVE EXPLOSION
Jones, HOT DAMN WOMEN
Queens of the Stone Age, REGULAR JOHN
Towers of London, ON THE LOOSE
Superfury Animal, VENUS & SERENA

The Duke-- HB Toyota, and some others. Lenscrafters has been sponsoring the show lately.

Flaming Lips, BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY (great cover!!!)
Roxy Music, THRILL OF IT ALL

12:50 PM Giving away three pairs of tickets to ABC ("shoot that poison arrow through my heart")
Whistled MISS YOU
The Duke: HB Toyota, missed the rest

Played Concrete's cover of MISS YOU
Then a bunch of great sets and songs:
Evergreen, FOOD FOR SOULS
Bowie, JEAN GENIE
Troggs, CAN'T CONTROL MYSELF
(Jonesy said this was on the jukebox at Vivienne Westwood and Malcolm MacLaren's store, where it all began. I love it when he talks about the old days and all this little stuff, like what was on the jukebox. I wish I'd been there!)
Dandy Warhols, EVERYONE IS TOTALLY INSANE (great song and not at all pretentious!)
Doves, LAST BROADCAST
Suede, WILD ONES

Then Jonesy was saying "is a CD an album?" That new guy actually answered and laughed. Maybe Jonesy gave him some ginger pills, hehe! He said it was an album, and I agree. Because an album is a collection, not just of music-- like a photo album. But young people will look at you like you are a dinosaur if you call a CD an album. Or they will just snicker at you behind your back. But they are probably doing that anyhow. ("I have seen the Eternal Footman/ Hold my coat and snicker..." And the Eternal Footman's name is Lost Youth.)

If you missed the awesome reggae set he played next, I feel sorry for you! Here's as much of it as I could catch.

Scotty, DRAW YOUR BRAKES
Vulcans, STAR TREK
Toots & the Maytals, 24546 IS MY NUMBER
Lee Perry, CLINT EASTWOOD
Freddie Notes & the Rudies, MONTEGO BAY

The Duke was Guitar Centre -- they are having a giant sale (are they ever NOT having a giant sale?). I missed the rest of the commercials.

The last song was-- I think--
Dat Pluto,
but I didn't catch the title-- if I can catch the re-broadcast I will try to get it. It was a great, great song, and the whole show was great music!

GOD SAVE JONESY!

No comments: