Thursday, August 18, 2005

SOMEBODY'S GOT TO PLAY JOHNNY CASH ON THE PUNK RADIO STATION

Did you catch the Watusi Rodeo at 7 AM this morning? I caught most of it and it was great. Plus I caught the artist on that cover of HOMEWARD BOUND. It's the Indigo Girls with a guest vocalist who will be on this week's regular Watusi show, Sunday.

Doc said "this isn't alternative country, which is neither alternative nor country." He said the purpose of the show is to keep things going in the Hank Senior vein. Whatever that means, I love the Blasters and the Plimsouls, and it was an awesome show!!! Too bad if you missed it! (Of course, I love Dicky too, he has that great sardonically sexy voice. I think he will be back next week.)

The title of this blog is a quote from Bryson, when Doc was talking about the musical format of Watusi Rodeo.

No comments: