Thursday, August 11, 2005

29 JULY 2005

This was a very different show, and very enjoyable! It really reminded me of these old school DJ’s that baby boomer friends talk about. The kind of DJ's that would play some Al Green and then say, “That was so good, I’m gonna play it back to back with itself.” And play the same record again, just ‘cuz it was so good the first time. You see DJ’s like this in the movie DO THE RIGHT THING, and THE WARRIORS. And then there’s WKRP and Venus Flytrap and Johnnie Fever. What a great show that was! (I always wanted to be Loni Anderson’s character.)

Before Indie 103 and Jonesy, there really wasn’t anyone like this left, except maybe for Jim Ladd, and he keeps disappearing. And he only played AOR. God Save Jonesy’s Jukebox!

Isley Brothers
Dolomite
Prince, something from that first album
DUST
Bobby Womack, HAPPY

Bill Withers

Isaac Hayes, NEVER CAN SAY GOODBYE (This was a great cover I’d never heard before!)

Al Green, SHA LA LA

This set made my panties wet, seriously. Jonesy is the sexiest DJ on the radio! TK's come close before, but Jonesy is the only DJ that has ever made me horny, just by playing a set of songs!

There you go, a new advertising slogan "Radio so good it will make your panties wet" or "your dick hard." Go ahead, Indie, it's all yours. (They still haven't taken me up on my idea for JJB thongs, though, so perhaps I am not the marketing genius I think I am???)

Jonesy gave away Queen tickets and whistled something. I missed what.

George “no relation to Bill” Clinton, ATOMIC DOG

He played the DJ snippet from THE WARRIORS, which got me thinking about DJ’s.

Some Prince songs, one of which was NOTHING COMPARE 2 U. Have to admit, I prefer the Sinead O’Conner version. Same with Cyndi Lauper cover, what was it called?

No comments: