Thursday, August 11, 2005

27 JULY 2005

Jonesy played a song that I thought nobody but me remembered! I didn’t write down the artist. It is some band from the eighties. I have it on this vinyl collection I got for two bucks in 1983. It had people like Robert Ellis Orrall on it. The record cover had a 50's 3-d audience coloured blue and red.

ANGEL FACE

Then he whistled GIRL OF MY BEST FRIEND

I think this was about one o’clock.

CRYING GAME
HEY ROCK AND ROLL
Roxy Music
Screaming Lord Sutch (God rest his soul! I miss his antics! How I wish there were more like him in the world today!), MONSTER IN MY BLACK TIGHTS
David Essex, LAMPLIGHT

Then he said "I can't believe it. After I said that yesterday about listening when I announce the records, I got even more emails asking 'what song is this?' " He seemed really upset by this. Poor Jonesy! Maybe this blog will soothe his soul.

You know, for a band that debuted with a giant banner "Fuck Pink Floyd" or whatever (really, I don't remember exactly what it said, I was still just a sweet young thing), he sure loves his 70's AOR.

No comments: