Tuesday, November 15, 2005

15 NOVEMBER 2005

I caught a nice little chunk of the show today for a change. I wish I'd been able to write more of it down, but it was another one of Jonesy's sets. He really has an ear for putting it all together.

I heard

Marianne Faithfull, SISTER MORPHINE
Rolling Stones

Then I caught a bit more, but I all I remember is TINY DANCER and The Who. There were a few songs I didn't know.

 This set made me think of what it must have been like for Jonesy not while he was on the road with the Pistols, but what it must have been like during the eighties and nineties, when he was working with different musicians  and realizing just how far he'd gone.

How he very much was no longer that kid on King's Road "nicking" stuff. And how good those memories and experiences were no matter how frustrating it must have been at the time. (All of those difficult personalities and agendas!)

He talks about this alot now, but these songs made me wonder about his life when he'd FIRST had the chance to get some perspective.

And he just knows how to put a good set together. He really has a way of making you hear a thread in all of the songs, which makes it alot easier to listen to stuff that normally you don't like.

GOD SAVE JONESY!!!
LONG LIVE INDIE!!!

2 comments:

Ron Kane said...

It's Marianne Faithfull doing the cover of "Sister Morphone", most likely.

Scottish Toodler said...

Oh thanks Ron! I had written Marianne Williamson, I'd just read a quote of hers!!! (They are both mystics, if Faithfull is less obviously so.)